The old center of town with numerous buildings from the late 19th and early 20th century testifies that Trstenik was a town of notable craftsmen, traders and vintners. The most beautiful is the house of notable trader Petar Katić from 1875. It is protected by law as cultural property. The ground floor is rearranged into a restaurant, where specialities of domestic cuisine are served in a very pleasant atmosphere.
The building of former Primary school “St Sava” dates back to 1873. It is situated right next to the church on the same estate. The Austrian engineer Franc Vinter who, in 1872, worked on regulation plan of Vrnjačka Banja projected the most beautiful villas in Vrnjačka Banja. Today, you can find there business and cultural offices.
|The building of former Primary school “St Sava” dates back to 1873. - then and now|
In the center of Trstenik is St Trinity Church. It dates back to golden age of Trstenik. It was built from 1898 to 1900. It is the first church which wasn't built in the Morava Style and it was a model to the builders from the beginning of 20th century. It is similar to Church of king Milutin in Hilandar. Concerning acoustic, Oplenac church is better.
The Parlament building dates back to 1935. It was built on the place where the office of head was situated. The building is in the very center of town as well as church and old school.